SCV Domaine Skiable, the operating company of the Serre Chevalier Vallée ski area, is committed to the first certification in the world dedicated to sustainable development in tourism: Green Globe!The Serre Chevalier Vallée Briançon ski area is now one of the GREEN GLOBE labelled companies with regard to international requirements for sustainable development in tourism: it thus becomes the first ski area in the Southern Alps and the 4th largest in the Compagnie des Alpes group to be certified by this internationally recognised label, for all of its activities: ski lifts, tracks, grooming, snow production, sales,....
This certification is the recognition of actions taken in terms of respect for the environment but also the quality of consideration for the requirements of socio-economic partners. It is a continuation of the actions that have been ongoing for many years, particularly in the context of the ISO 14001 (environment) and OHSAS 18001 (safety) certifications:
Green Globe: what is it?• Leading certification in the world dedicated to sustainable development in tourism
• 500 certified Green Globe members in 83 countries in 2017, and more than 25,000 economic and tourism partners involved
• TRANSPARENCY and CREDIBILITY: certification by a third party audit
• World-renowned reference: unique sustainable development management system specifically designed for the travel and tourism industry
• Tool to pilot our approach and certify our environmental and societal performance while being part of an international network.
• Dedicated website: greenglobe.com
SCV Domaine Skiable s’commitment
SCV Domaine Skiable is, therefore, committed to integrating the following concerns in its operation:
>> Best management of this approach, in the context of our structure, local laws, our teams, our customers and their safety.
>> Participation in the development of our region, employment, fair trade, and the internal and local social climate.
>> Integration of the culture, heritage, protected sites, and history into our business and sharing them with our customers.
>> Reducing impact on water and energy, improving biodiversity and better waste management, and promotion of responsible purchasing.